- Product Description – Do not try to write a one size fits all product description. Focus on your targeted buyer and write to them personally. Be sure to include all the benefits the product provides. Try to avoid clone phrases such as best deal in town or superior quality. Your prospect will tend to blur over these types of statements.
- Product Image – Your product image will be what draws the customer in. You want to make sure the product details are clearly visible. The image needs to be clear and sharp. A good image will make the product come alive and bring out more of a reaction from your prospect. Using different angle shots of the product can be effective as well.
- Call to Action – Be sure your call to action button is vivid and clearly placed on the page. Once your image and description do their job, you want the buy button to be right there so the customer clicks it when they are in the buying mood. Be sure to make the button stand out from the rest of the page. Do not let it sink into the background or melt into the rest of the page.
- Ordering Process – Once your prospect decides to buy your product you want to give them an easy painless ordering process. The first step of the process is the key and it is also where many prospects abandon the purchase. You want to gather pertinent information from your customer but do not ask them for their life story. I have abandoned many purchases because of the long time-consuming forms to be filled out. You want your ordering process to be as few clicks as possible but you also want to assure your customer that the process is secure. Do not require your customer to register with you. About a third of the orders being processed are ended for just this reason.
- Social Media – By adding your social media buttons to your product pages you are allowing people to share your products with their friends and followers. This can substantially increase your conversions. Make sure your social buttons are not too intrusive. Make them highly visible but not obnoxious.
- Shipping Information – One of my pet peeves when ordering online is not finding any shipping information. Always provide clear information on the shipping terms and costs for your customers. Do not make them wait until the end of the ordering process to find out what they will be paying for shipping. Be upfront and concise on all shipping fees. Shipping fees are the number one cause of cart abandonment so being upfront and letting your prospect know exactly what they will be paying will bring this number down.
- Size Chart – If you are selling products that require sizes be as descriptive as possible about what the sizes are and how they fit. Size charts are a great way to do this. Clothes of the same size can fit differently so let your prospects know how your sizes run.
- No Distractions – Keep your product page as free of clutter as you can. You want the page to showcase the product and call to action, not a bunch of ads from other websites or companies. Do not have flashing banners or distracting images or videos (unless it is a video of the product).
- Customer Reviews – When I go shopping online I now expect to see reviews. This has become a staple part of the online shopping experience. Be sure to add customer reviews to your product page. Do not leave out negative reviews. Adding the negative reviews will add to the trust your prospect feels for your company.
- Bad colour scheme. Colours are supposed to enhance the aesthetic aspect of the website but this is not the case always. Some websites make the mistake of using light colors as text, use glaring colors as background, and a sight for sore eyes through a mix of colours like yellow and pink with violet as background.
- Loading takes time. This is one problem with making a web site very colourful and with lots of special effects, it makes users frustrated as loading tend to be slower. Thus, beauty and interesting information in the site is totally forgotten because a majority of web users do not have the patience to wait for page loading.
- Default page does not fit computer screen. Even if the user is using a 32inch LCD, the entry page of the site visited still needs scrolling down or sideways to view other parts of the entire page. And this is not good as users want the whole thing outright. They are looking for information, not bonuses and points in a video game.
- Cluttered arrangement. Until now, you see web pages where different important tabs are not aligned together. They are instead plastered in different portions of the page. As a result, users will have a hard time finding the necessary button to click because the buttons are scattered.
- Text that are difficult to read. Not only does the web designer utilise glaring colour for the font, the size is also a problem. For example, if your website is geared towards senior adults, how can you expect them to read the text when even if they enhance their vision, it is still unreadable due to its size?
- Lots of junk materials in the front page. Are counters really important? Do you need to highlight awards instead of content? Do you need to broadcast your profile in the entry page before the transaction page? These are just some common errors with regards to front page loading and bad features of a web page design.
The range of services, level of expertise and cost are some of the top most parameters to select a design and development service provider. Graphic designing is an art of styling or branding a web portal of an organization by using a series of images, content pieces, features and applications. This area is considered to be a subset of visual and design communication. It requires a lot of skills, proper understanding or color and design elements and the capability of comprehending an organization’s brand strategy through a website.
A designer uses a blend of typography, graphic arts and page layout methods to produce the final result. Graphic designing refers to both the process (of designing) by which a message is created and the designs (or products) which are generated.
- Creates logo and undertakes the overall branding
- Works for publications (magazines, newspapers and books)
- Handles print advertisements, posters, billboards
- Manages website graphics and product packaging
For instance, a product packaging may include a logo or other various artworks, structured text and pure design elements such as images, color scheme, shapes which ultimately unifies a web design piece. Composition is the most important feature of designing.
No matter whatever the budget of an organization is, a good designer or service provider offers customized, effective yet simple techniques to enhance a business. Whether entrepreneurs want to design for print or web, service providers enable them create growth opportunities for a business and reach to a wider audience.
Whether one needs a logo, banner, catalogue, visiting card or anything else that is related to graphics, service providers can do it all and enhance the branding of a business!
Outsourcing firms provide a wide range of service offerings that does not end only at creating designs, rather, offers strategically planned as well as coordinated branding and Internet marketing solutions. Service vendors even offer web development services to bring the desired results for a business pertaining to any industry.
- Make navigation logical and user-friendly. Maneuvering through your website should always be a logical, common-sense process – based on your customers’ needs and desires, not the structure of your business. The website’s menu must be prominently displayed and easy to read and understand. Visitors should be able to locate information on products, prices, methods of payment and return policies at a glance. To assess your website’s navigational quality, try visiting the site as a trusted customer might or, better yet, enlist the services of friends or colleagues who haven’t been there before. Their feedback may be very helpful in identifying little navigational obstacles that are easy to fix.
- Clearly post contact and product information. Visitors shouldn’t have to search for contact information, including a phone number and email address for customer service inquiries. Optimized high traffic websites with calls to action to contact your business for more information.
- Be generous with product and service information. Unlike a brick-and-mortar experience, potential customers can’t touch your product or experience your service. Share all the information you can to guide them toward the purchasing decision – including, as appropriate, details about product availability, colors, sizes and shapes, etc. Feature at least one (but preferably more) photographs, giving visitors a better sense of what they’re about to buy. For B2B firms selling intangible services, detailing the process of your services, common questions and pricing can help inform the customer before picking up the phone.
- User-friendly – It is really important to aim for a website that is easy to navigate. User-friendliness is an important attribute that can keep the visitors stuck to the site for longer to research more on the range of products and services of the company.
- Offer content writing services – A good web design company offers content writing services to their clients. The effectiveness of the content depends upon the quality of the information provided. It is also important to offer a content that is enriched with keywords. Visitors love to read a content that is simple, informative and fresh. A business house that focuses on quality of the content rather than the quantity can help to increase the traffic of the site.
- Search engine friendly – A search engine friendly site is the essence of an effective design. A search engine friendly site is the one that appears in the top few pages of the search engines like Google, Alexa or Bing. SEO is an important aspect of the internet marketing gimmicks that must not be overlooked in any of the cases.
- Simple – A simple site with less use of graphics, texture and other features may come out really well. An effective design is not only about amazing look, but it is more about user-friendliness and the content that is supposed to be informative and easy to understand.
- Mobile-friendly website – A website that adheres to the need of the mobile phone users and stress on creating a site that is mobile-friendly can really do well in the world of internet marketing. Almost 10% of the visitors to any website visit the site through mobile phones and focusing on the creation of a mobile friendly site can do wonders.
A good web development company understands the worth of an effective web-design and leaves no stones unturned to meet the expectations of their clients and create an awesome design.
A professional web development company makes use of SEO strategies to increase the rank of a site and maximizes the client’s prospects of being successful over the internet. The aim of these companies is to provide an online identity to the brand of the company and helps the clients to sustain cut-throat competition in the market.
The ever changing technologies compel many businesses to revamp their web business sites from time to time to take advantage of emerging online marketing tools and solutions that are more cost effective and efficient in drawing more business. A web business site needs to be constantly updated with the latest structure, design, style and appeal to the changing demands and demography as more consumers manipulate modern technologies in their lifestyle and work habits.
A new trend is set not only in the business arena in the way businesses are conducted today; a new trend can be observed by modern consumers who are engaging more technology in their lifestyle from home to business. Smart businesses today must flow with the changing trends to capture their desired customers to sustain their operations. The laggards and unmotivated businesses would soon collapse if they are unable to keep pace with the changes of the 21st century.
Content, content, content
Today’s modern business environment requires good and original content to be posted regularly to feed the insatiable reading appetites of web consumers who browse the web frequently. More modern consumers are sourcing for a plethora of information about products and services today before committing to a buy whether online or offsite.
Hence, the web business site is a vital tool in reaching out to the desired category of consumers who are potential customers to the business enterprise. The web business site needs to have high quality content that showcases the expertise and reliability of the products or services promoted to win over the potential customer reading the information.
The practice of replicating, or duplicating, a website has been used since the early days of the Internet for a number of different applications. A replicating website is essentially a template that can be used over and over again to easily create an endless collection of similar, but completely unique, websites. The hard part of website creation, such as the code that controls the layout and appearance of the site, is automatically copied to the appropriate directory so it can be personalized to suit the needs of the user.
There are many reasons websites are duplicated. Replication is frequently used in research and educational fields to copy databases to individual users. Mirror sites for file downloads are also a form of website replication. Self replicating websites, however, are a bit different. Rather than manually creating and copying the website framework, a self replicating system will automatically duplicate the selected files to the specified destination. A collection of professionally designed websites and landing pages are usually available to simplify the entire process.
In the world of internet marketing, site replication is the logical way to maximize profits. It is most frequently used by direct sales companies and multilevel marketing (MLM) firms as a simple way to provide their distributors with their own unique websites, but still maintain a uniform online presence and promote their company brand. A number of traditionally offline sales companies are also taking advantage of the marketing potential the Internet has to offer and are providing their distributors with replicated sites as well.
Aside from being the most cost effective way to create multiple websites, a replication system is a versatile tool that can maximize the profit potential of your business without requiring hours of effort. Companies can quickly expand their marketing impact by recreating the landing pages and web presentations that have generated conversions in the past while still providing their distributors with enough flexibility to incorporate their own sales approach. Business owners have control over how their brand is presented, but distributors still have the freedom to personalize their site to best suit their marketing tactics.
Adaptive Website Design
The website makes use of identical URL for every device. It is the server which senses the gadget, which could be a desktop, tablet or phone, and accordingly loads an appropriate version of the site. So, it downloads only those aspects that are optimized for mobile gadgets. This system is server dependent, as all the required work is completed by the server before delivering the content to any receiver.
- Single URL facilitates users to network with the site.
- Since the server delivers only the required information to the mobile gadget, it is far more quicker.
- It can be customized when your requirements for mobile gadgets are not the same as for desktop. For instance, insurance companies may deliver more visible claims forms on mobile websites, enabling clients to fill up the same spontaneously.
- You need to prepare a separate website.
- Website needs more maintenance, though provided by the webmaster.
Separate Mobile Website
In this case, the mobile website is given a distinct URL. Generally, you’ll find it as a sub-domain of the standard domain name, for example, m. mywebsite.com. The dissimilar URLs are generally optimized for mobile gadgets.
You may also design a website having a combination of different methods. For instance, you may have responsive design for tablet and PC, and load a distinct mobile site for mobile gadgets.
- There is no need to prepare a fresh website for including a mobile site.
- An appropriately designed mobile website gets loaded very quickly.
- Website needs more maintenance
- May have to be redirected, thus slowing down the site.
- The website may become somewhat difficult for consumer to interact due to different URLs.
Therefore it is important to consider both landscape and a portrait mode, as it serves graphic designers an idea that how the website will appear and how much time it will take to reload or load additional scripts every time a person auto rotates its device. So responsive websites help the users to utilize and surf the website without having trouble regarding the screen and pixel size. The backbone of any website is its design. If it is designed efficiently by correct means it will work wonderfully for an individual.
- Understand your target audience – You need to understand your target audience first to know what type of web design will be right for you. Simply put, the design of a construction company website will not be the same as the design of say, an online news magazine. Both of these websites cater to different audiences and need to be displayed in a different way so as to attract the maximum number of visitors.
- What is your theme? If you are having a WordPress website, which many of us do nowadays, you will know that you can choose your own theme and then customize it. Most of us prefer to do it this way as it saves the huge costs we can incur in case we want developers to make a custom made theme which can go to thousands of dollars, to say the least. You need to customize your theme so as to make sure that it suits your target audience.
- Is the theme custom made? If you are not tight on budget, you can even design your own custom theme with the help of developers. This might set you back by thousands of dollars but then you will have a theme that is custom made and original and with nobody else.
- Having the right home page – Quite often, it is your home page that will make the difference between just having visitors to having sales conversion. The right home page will help people get attracted to your website. As they say, the first impression is long lasting. If you manage to woo visitors right in the homepage, they are sure to have a look around the website.
- Creating brand loyalty – When you have your website up, you will need people to subscribe to or buy your products. However, that may not always be possible if you cannot relate to the customers. You can relate to the customers with the help of the right web design.