You are not describing what you have to offer well enough
You might get noticed, but do you have what the client needs? A higher rate of conversion comes, for the most part, from answering the prospect’s questions. You must describe what you have to offer the best you can. There is no room for confusion in this area.
You do not seem trustworthy
If you are new out in the market, the level of trust is something you might not have generated yet, or well enough. Along with a shady description of what you have to offer, conversion rates might suffer, and you know it. So, take a look again at the second fact and up it with this one.
You are not engaging enough
If you want an improvement in the conversion area, then there is no room for one way conversations. Make your traffic feel involved in what you do. People like to feel involved and they love the feeling of belonging to something or someone. If you implicate your readers in your actions by, let us say, asking questions, then you might just win a little more conversion attention.
The website is just ugly
It sure does sound harsh, but the ugly truth has to come out from time to time. People do not like to see the ugly in life and a website is not exception. If you did not modify your website’s design in the last couple of years, you should consider hiring someone or doing it yourself. Get a hold of what is used these days and adapt accordingly.
The process of creating a sitemap is easy and straightforward. If your site has just a few pages (less than 100) you can manually create the map in a HTML document; however, if your site is large and has many pages it’s easy to create the map using software programs such as XML sitemap, XML sitemap generator, simple WP sitemap, and HTML page sitemap.
You should note that the various programs are ideal for different types of sites. For example, you should use a HTML page sitemap when your site is built using a content management system such as WordPress. A simple WP sitemap is ideal for sites that have blog content. For ideal results you should do your research and use the software that is ideal for your site.
To create a great sitemap you need to consider a few dos and don’ts:
Links: you should ensure that your map is linked to your home page. Linking like this ensures that search engines are able to easily find your content and follow it. If you have a small site, you can include all the pages in the map; however, if your site is large, you don’t have to include all the links.
This is to prevent the search engines from seeing your site as a link farm thus penalizing it. Remember that more than 99 links on a page makes search engines suspect your site.
Optimization: you should optimize the sitemap for search engines. For example, you should include a clickable anchor text.
Keep it simple
This is quite a crucial thing to remember when it comes to designing a website, it’s the idea that it always works best when it’s straightforward. You don’t want your website to be over complicated, it needs to be easy to use, and preferably needs to be responsive.
Have a plan
Ensure you know what information needs to be included, the tone, brand identity, what message you want to convey and which area you want return on investment (increase calls, revenue etc)
This goes hand in hand with the ‘keep it simple’ principle, users of your website what to find what they are looking for quickly and easily, so consider the user journey and how you can give them what they need abruptly. Try keeping the steps between different sections to a maximum of three, understandably this can be problematic but if you manage to do it, it will work heavily in your favour.
Don’t get too caught up in the aesthetics of your website and neglect the content. Your website copy needs to be just as good, it needs to be fresh, consistent and ultimately, very, very good. Most web design agencies can offer copywriting as part of their service so be sure to get a professional write it to help you stand out.
This is fundamental to getting a return on investment, having the calls-to-action such as a ‘sign up’ button or ‘click here for more’, high up on the page is very beneficial and will lead to more conversions.
If something on your website impresses someone, give them the option to share the page on their social media platforms. You could add Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Pinterest buttons to your website to allow people to share what they find.
In between all this, what is the takeout for businesses? How this mobile or smartphone-mania will impact the market? Well, businesses simply can’t afford ignoring this trend where mobile users are giving more searches and queries to search engines. Which means, more people now use mobile devices to access the web and this has a lot to do with the ever-rising penetration level of mobile devices and their different variants. Businesses have to understand that the tastes and preferences of users are changing with a rapid rate and they need tending of the highest standard. In a nutshell, mobile-friendly websites are now indispensable.
So, businesses should look to get developed websites that are friendly to mobile users. This way, a huge market can be tapped in the same cost that any business has to forego in running their operations on a daily basis. In a sense, it’s important in today’s time to have responsive website and let business reach to more people. You have to understand that your website can be viewed on any device, be it mobile, tablets, desktops etc. and therefore, it has to be responsive. Only then can it deliver a uniform look and feel across devices and systems with ease.
More so, businesses can get responsive website designed and developed in two ways to tap into the potential of the market. First, they can let a separate website – with similar URL – to be created to cater to only mobile users and secondly, leverage a web development platform so that websites can automatically get it adjusted according to the screen size etc. Businesses should understand that Google is now giving more preference to sites that are designed and developed keeping in mind mobile users. After all, the purpose is to let users get unique experiences with their searches.
More so, mobile-friendly sites now enjoy superior visibility and presence on the internet. They are helping on-the-go users and enabling ease of accessing information and purchasing products or availing services. This is how businesses go on and achieve their sales, revenue and ROI goals with ease. On the other hand, not taking care of the mobile users will surely make any business lose out on lots of opportunity available on the internet. So, your business should hire a team of experienced developers to get you designed a website that is friendly to those using mobile devices.
This racket has been going on for quite some time and in fact I have worked for companies that did this. They are charging HTML coding prices for template labor. That is not to say that well built WordPress sites are not worth money. They are indeed worth money and they look great if done right. But let’s face it they are not worth thousands. If you are looking for a website and you are talking to companies you should be asking them if they are using WordPress or if they are writing HTML code. If it is the latter then a high price is to be expected But if it is the former you should not be getting charged more than a few hundred dollars. Some honest companies like mine offer well designed, professional, fully responsive WordPress websites for FREE. These companies make their money in content management by charging a small monthly fee to manage your content every day on demand. This approach is the most honest way to sell WordPress websites and I really hope people read this article before they get duped by a so called “professional internet marketing firms”.
The sad part is that it isn’t just a few bad apples doing this, every single web developing company offering WordPress websites are over charging ALL OF THEM. This is a travesty. So many people are also getting fooled by certain large companies that offer a free website with no upfront costs only to give them a big bill a month later when their trial expires. You have seen the television commercials for these companies. They lure you in with “free” and then hit you hard after they have your site established. Do not be fooled by these companies they do not use unique keyword planning on your site and basically duplicate css code over and over again for all their customers. Go with a freelancer or a one man operation that delivers free WordPress websites while offering low cost content management. You are more likely to have a better optimized result with a lower investment. I hope this article will be of use to you readers.
No matter what size business you own, credibility will always be critical for you. If people don’t find you credible, they won’t want to interact with you and you won’t be able to develop a relationship with them. When a person visits your website, that credibility must come through clearly. There is no doubt that you have the potential to make mistakes along the way. The reason for that is that you are human, just like the rest of us. However, if you are honest and you show that you consistently try to do the best possible job each and every time, people won’t judge you based on the mistakes that you have made. In fact, that will hopefully bring you closer to them because being human is an endearing quality and one that other people can relate to. It touches the other person’s heart. Of course, that is only true if you are able to succeed in spite of whatever went wrong. As you pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and proceed, you will want to keep some important things in mind.
- Make sure that your website is fresh and current: There is nothing worse than a stagnant website. Other people can always tell and it says a lot about you and your business. That may not even really be the case but that is the perception that other people will have. It also says that you haven’t put your website (and thus, your business) at the top of your priority list. It isn’t as important to you as other things are or you would be paying more attention to it. Of course, that is the perception talking again. It is your responsibility to get rid of that perception and create a new, more accurate one.
- Pay close attention to metrics: Although you may thing that they are not important, metrics are directly tied to your success and the success of your business. Tracking what works and what doesn’t work is, in fact, critical to your success. It is relatively easy to gather the metrics and there is generally no cost involved. There are a few analytics tools available online (such as Google Analytics), which are free and they work very effectively. If you track the metrics, you can quite easily tell what is working for you and what is not working. This will allow you to adjust and revise as you see fit and it may make all of the difference in the world to your results.
- Pay attention to the back end of your website: If you don’t have much (or any) knowledge of development, it is a really smart idea to work with someone who does possess that knowledge. Nowadays, more and more people are building their website (or having their website built) on a blogging platform (such as WordPress.com or WordPress.org). If you do it yourself or you get someone else to work on the development end of your website, the blogging platform is a really sensible idea. There will be a lot of plugins offered of which you can take advantage but only you can decide which ones will work well for your particular business. It is definitely recommended that you look at each and every plugin to figure out which ones you need.
- Take advantage of the mobile device trend: As you are probably well aware, the majority of people in business today don’t just sit behind a desk all day long, five days a week. Many people are on the move. However, that doesn’t mean that they don’t stay connected. It is just that they get their information in a different way–on a mobile device. That means that you need to step up and accommodate those mobile device users. It is not just a thing of the future. It is here now and if you don’t embrace the concept, you will be missing out on tremendous opportunities for your business. There are certain adjustments that you will have to make so that it is compatible with mobile devices. It will be well worth the time and effort.
- Let the content stand on its own: There is no doubt whatsoever that your brand and your products and/or services are amazing and that there isn’t a person around who shouldn’t own what you are selling. However, if you don’t express that to the right people, they won’t know about it and they may not realize that they can’t live without it. That is where you come in. Of course, it goes without saying that your content must be extremely well written. It must also be compelling, valuable, educational, helpful, it must satisfy the needs and wants of the other person, and it must have the ability to solve the other person’s problems. If you can accomplish all of that with your content, you will be golden.
- Social media is one of the best tools in your repository: If you are going to succeed, you must understand that social media will be an important tool to help you do just that. Social media affords you opportunities to reach people in ways that you could not even have imagined in the past. It is important that you recognize its value. It is important that you remember how important it is to consistently connect with other people online. They need the benefit of your expertise and you have a need to share it with those people.
- Stay away from the hard sell: Ultimately, as a business owner, you have the same goal as everyone else. To sell your products and/or services. That doesn’t mean that you will not need to sell your offerings at some point. It just means that you should take that approach initially. The only thing that should concern you in the beginning is giving the person the benefit of your expertise and building your credibility. Once you have done that, the rest will follow naturally and easily.
Implement a Website Monitoring Service
One of the best ways to keep tabs on your website’s downtime is to utilize the services of a third-party website monitoring service provider. This allows you to monitor your site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year without watching it manually. A quality website monitoring service will provide you with automated reports and instant notifications if your site does go down. The method of communication will vary depending on the level of service, so make sure you are using a website monitoring provider that notifies you via a variety of contact methods so you can be sure you get the message about your website’s downtime as soon as possible.
Put a Managed Hosting Provider Into Place
When it comes to choosing the hosting provider for your site, it pays to be very selective. Just because a site promises a 99.9 percent uptime guarantee doesn’t mean it can deliver on that promise. Do your research and make sure the hosting provider you go with has a good track record for uptime. Don’t go for the cheapest option out there and try to avoid “unlimited” plans that may allow the traffic from other sites on a shared server to affect your site’s uptime. If your hosting provider isn’t performing up to par, your website monitoring service will let you know so you can make alternate arrangements for the hosting of your site. You should also look into hosting with a service that caters to WordPress sites, since these hosting providers tend to make thing a lot easier to manage from a WordPress prospective.
Improve Your Site’s Security
Believe it or not, how secure your site is does indeed play a role in your site’s uptime. The effort you put into ensuring that your site is secure from hackers will pay off by limiting downtime caused by malicious attacks. Reduce access points and you’ll decrease the chance that someone will take down your site just because they can. A few small changes, like making sure your user name isn’t “admin” and implementing a randomized password consisting of upper-case letters, lower-case letters, and numbers can drastically improve site security.
Representing the subtle differences in brightness and color, the contrast is the most important factor for making visual objects stand out from the background. Its mark on web design is quite significant as the most successful websites display a delicate, well-chosen balance making them pop out in the eyes of their visitors. Online color wheels do wonders when inspiration in this department is scarce.
Exactly like the term, vibrancy stands for a way a particular color resonates in the eyes of the viewer. Each color is supposed to bring specific moods to the surface. While brighter, warmer colors favor increased energy and alertness, colder colors tend to relax the audience. These tricks are widely used by web designers everywhere to enhance and match user experience to the content of the site.
This notion speaks of the relationship between colors and of the way they merge, in order to create a pleasant environment for the eyes of the audience. When looking at the color wheel, they can be easily spotted as being opposites. A good color complementation can make or break any visual creation and requires good taste and extended experience.
One Page Design
During the web designing phase, it is very important to provide in user-friendly interaction to the visitors. This is certainly the herculean task. Using this approach, this problem can easily be handled. In this design, the important things can easily be put on the single page so that the visitors don’t find any difficulty in finding the information. They can easily scroll down to the bottom in order to get complete information.
This design is very effective in providing amazing navigation. On the main page of the website, the buttons connecting to different pages can also be provided so that users can easily navigate from one web-page to another. The easy navigation is considered as the best way to engage the visitors. As per the philosophy associated with web designing, if users find any difficulty in moving from one web-page to another, then the probability of their movement to some other website is on the higher side.
The content is an integral part of the website. The parallax web designing provides wide flexibility when it comes to change the content during the scrolling. Use infographics in the form of the banners, then use plain text and then again an image manifesting some message. This provides an amazing experience to the visitors as he/ she gets complete information while scrolling down to the bottom.
The designer should keep one thing in mind during web designing that continuous flow to all things is provided. With this, the visitors, find your website interesting. This eventually results in reducing the bouncing rate of the whole website.
We can infer from the above text that parallax web designing is the best technique to design website as well as in engaging the visitors. The web designers should use this form of templates in order to develop interactive websites.